Ticket archiving is used to maintain performance on helpdesks with a very large number of old tickets. It is only necessary if you have over a million tickets and are noticing slow performance in the agent interface.
Enabling archiving automatically moves resolved tickets to a special archived status after a set period of time. Archived tickets do not show up in Queues, but can be accessed through Lists.
1. In admin, go to Ticket Structure > Statuses > Archived and select Enable.
2. Select how much time has to pass before a resolved ticket becomes archived.
Effects of archiving
1. Archived tickets do not show up in Queues (except the Archived list).
2. Archived tickets still show up in search.
3. Agents with the correct permission can change archived tickets back to another status.
Archiving and Reports
When you create custom reports with the Reports Builder, tickets that have been archived will not show up if you query only for resolved tickets. This can lead to custom reports giving misleading results - for example, a report might say your helpdesk resolved zero tickets last year if they have since all been archived.
Archived tickets have a tickets.status value of 'archived'. In older versions of Deskpro, this status is referred to as 'closed'.
To ensure you match resolved OR archived tickets, you should check for:
WHERE tickets.status IN ('resolved', 'archived')
There is also a tickets.date_archived (tickets.date_closed in older versions) field which indicates when the ticket was last archived.
Note that the built-in reports for resolved tickets already include archived tickets.