If you are using Deskpro Download, you should set up the Elasticsearch search technology to greatly improve the search features of your helpdesk.
NOTE: Cloud helpdesks have already been upgraded with this improved search technology
The improvements from installing Elasticsearch include:
- Greatly increased search scope for agents, including the full text of ticket messages, agent notes, and chat logs.
- Agents can choose to rank results by Best Match, Last Activity or Date Created.
- Improved user portal search scope.
- Phrase search - search terms in quotation marks e.g. "audio feedback" will only match the full phrase.
- Search is faster and results ranking is more accurate.
You can run Elasticsearch on the same server as Deskpro, or a different server, or use a hosted Elasticsearch service from a third-party provider.
We recommend running Elasticsearch on the same server or a server on the same network.
If your helpdesk supports Elasticsearch you will see an Elasticsearch section in Admin > Server. If you are on a build older than #361, you will need to update your helpdesk to the latest version to be able to use Elasticsearch.
IMPORTANT: Elasticsearch 2.0 is now required.
See the installation instructions for your platform in the Sysadmin Guide for Elasticsearch set up instructions:
Install Elasticsearch on Ubuntu
Install Elasticsearch on CentOS/Red Hat
Install Elasticsearch on Windows Server 2008
Install Elasticsearch on Windows Server 2012