Deskpro requires the data/ directory to be writable by the web server and also the user who executes the scheduled tasks. The data directory is used to store cache and log files, and if you have enabled filesystem-storage of attachments, it will also store file uploads there.
If the directory is not writable, you will get a message like:
The data directory (/var/www/html/data) and all sub-directories must be writable.
• /var/www/html/data/ is not writable
• /var/www/html/data/backups is not writable
• /var/www/html/data/debug is not writable
• /var/www/html/data/files is not writable
• /var/www/html/data/logs is not writable
• /var/www/html/data/tmp is not writable
To make the directory writable on a Linux/Unix system, from the command line run:
chmod -R 0777 data
where /path/to/deskpro is the path to the folder where you installed Deskpro which contains the data/ directory.
If you're using a distribution that uses the SE Linux access control system, chmod may not make the directory writable. In this case, see this article.