Zapier is a simple and powerful automation tool that lets you connect Deskpro to over a thousand other web services and applications. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Zaps in Zapier work a lot like Deskpro's Triggers. Each Zap has one app as the Trigger, where your information comes from and which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
To get started with Zapier, sign up for a free Zapier account, from there you can jump right in. To connect Deskpro to your Zapier account:
1. Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account.
2. Navigate to "Connected Accounts" from the top menu bar.
3. Now click on "Connect new account" and search for "Deskpro"
4. Use your credentials to connect your Deskpro account to Zapier. You will need to enter your helpdesk URL, and an API Key which you can find in Deskpro under Admin > Apps > API Keys.
5. Once that's done you can start creating an automation! Use a pre-made Zap or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no coding knowledge and you'll be walked step-by-step through the setup.
6. Need inspiration? See everything that's possible with Deskpro and Zapier.
For a walkthrough on setting up your first Zap, refer to this article on creating a Zap that creates a new entry in Google Sheets every time you receive a new ticket in Deskpro.