I usually run a default report to get tickets created, last month, grouped by agent team and category. I need to go back and run both reports for the month before last (ie July). How would I go about doing that?
In order to change the date of the report you will need to copy the report you want, then edit it to refer to the time period you want.
In more detail (taking the tickets created report as an example)
1. Go to the report and click the green 'Show Query' button
2. Click hte 'Save to Clone' button. Now you have a copy of the default report to which you can now customize.
3. You need to edit the WHERE clause to specify the date e.g July 2016
Change: WHERE tickets.date_created = %1:DATE_GROUP% to WHERE tickets.date_created >= '2016-07-01' AND tickets.date_created < '2016-08-01'
4. You won't be using the pull-down menu to set the date anymore. The title of your cloned report is 'Number of tickets created <1: date group, default: this_month> grouped by.."
Leave the end part of the title the same so that the grouped pulldown still works.
5. Enter a description and then click Save & Run
You can do the same thing for other default reports. More information about date references is here.